31 August 2013

What eBay Hath Wrought 10: More Blue Sparkle

I won an auction for some blue sparkle parallels from 2013 Opening Day. It was one of those auctions that offers up a list of card numbers and lets you pick 20 of them for whatever price the bidding ends at.
 
 

I knew that there were 36 cards on the list and had planned to ask what the seller was asking for additional cards above the 20 listed in the auction. Before I could send off my message, though, the seller sent me a note saying that any additional cards could be added at $0.33 apiece, which was even lower than the final bid on the first 20 cards. I think that ended at around $0.50/card. So I got all 36 cards I needed from the list. That is a nice big chunk out of the set, but there is still plenty to go.
 
 
After I added these cards to my binder I even had one page that was all the way filled, so I've just got 23.5 more pages with gaps in them. I've been thinking about trolling COMC for some of the missing cards, but I don't really want to pay the asking prices on the big-name players yet. But I think I could fill a lot of other spots for a decent price. At this point I have to look through most eBay lots and calculate how many cards I need in the lot vs. how many I don't need and determine my max bid based on only the cards I need. That tends to leave me a bit short when competing with people who want the whole lot. I try not to get bidding fever anymore, instead setting a price I am willing to pay up front and bidding just that amount.

 
I still really like the blue color on these cards. I kind of wish Series' 1 and 2 had the same colored parallel in place of that Emerald set, which just doesn't do it for me. I guess on the good side, that's one less set for me to try to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment