14 September 2013

Pack of the Day 22: 2012 Allen & Ginter Blaster Box

Back before 2013 Allen & Ginter's came out, I found a blaster box of 2012 A & G in the clearance section of Target's card aisle. Since I was having such a hard time waiting for the new set to come out, I bought it. 


Here are some of the highlights from the minis in the blaster. I kind of like the style of the black border parallels in this set, probably more than the 2013 set's plain black borders. The inserts I really like from this set are the Man's Best Friend cards. I love dogs. The Husky is not a favorite of mine, but there are other cards in the set. I may try to pick up that insert series off of eBay or COMC. I am not going to pursue any of the other cards in the set, as I am having enough trouble trying to put together my 2013 sets. There is no point in going back in time and trying to catch up on all of the years of collecting that I missed.


I kind of like the World's Tallest Buildings set here. Maybe enough to seek them out someday, but maybe not. The Historical Turning Points card doesn't do much for me.


The What's in a Name design is pretty busy, but I kind of like the picture of a mini on a full-size card look. At least I pulled some decent players. This is another set I probably won't try to put together.


I don't remember why I chose these particular base cards for the scan, but I can make something up. Jim Thome is one of those players that I just like, probably because in the past he has been a decent pickup for at least part of the Fantasy Baseball season. Aybar and Mesoraco I have no clue about, but there they are. I just liked that picture of Richard Petty, and his #43 color scheme is one of the more memorable in racing, even being copied by The King in the movie Cars.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry the post disappeared for a while. I hadn't actually written any text, and it was just the pictures. I know the pictures are what everyone comes to look at, but my pride demands that I write something.

    ReplyDelete