18 September 2013

Raz' Ravings 3: Dave and Adam's Card World Customer Service

 
A few weeks ago I visited the Dave and Adam's Card World site and pre-ordered a box of Cryptozoic's DC Comics: The Women of Legend trading cards, along with a couple of other boxes I fancied. I guess I could have waited to order the DC cards when they came out, but I think boxes of Topps Baseball Series 1 and 2 and maybe some Press Pass Racing cards were all on the Daily Deals portion of the site, so I figured I'd 'save' some money by ordering them all together at once. One thing that really irks me is when we talk about saving money on something we don't actually need. No one ever saved any money by buying stuff. But back to the story. I believe the DC cards were scheduled to release on September 30th, but a few days ago Cryptozoic announced their official release and they transitioned from pre-order status to available status on the Dacardworld site. I watched my order somewhat compulsively to see when its status would update to 'shipped,' but it didn't.
 
So I sent an e-mail inquiring as to the status of the cards in question and asking if there was a projected date for my order to ship. A few hours later I got an e-mail back from their customer service apologizing for overlooking my order and promising that they would ship it out that day. They also credited my customer account so that my next order will have a discount attached to it. By the end of the day I had tracking information sent to my e-mail address.
 
I don't think I expressed any anger in my message and I didn't request any form of recompense for the delay, but Dave and Adam's went out of their way to address my concern and make sure I was happy as a customer. I was not even sure if there was a delay in shipping, or if they had received all of the product yet or were holding to the September 30th pre-order date. My cards are on their way, and I wanted to plug a company that has exhibited good customer service and a rapid turnaround in responding to my concerns.

1 comment:

  1. I had a wacky mix-up from DA once. I got someone else's order mixed in with my order (which was huge and in multiple boxes). It wasn't anything expensive - a box of '90 Bowman (yech). I e-mailed them to let them know, and they told me to just keep it. and they'd send the guy another box. I still have that box, all packs intact. What do I do with them?

    ReplyDelete