24 January 2014

Pack of the Day 56: 2013 Bowman Retail Box Break Pack 22

We are getting down to the end of this box of cards. It has padded my post count quite a bit, but I am running out of things to say about it. I watched a break of multiple products the other day, and the Bowman portion turned out a Black parallel of Josh Johnson. So someone's $46 break spot got them at least $0.50 in Blue Jays cards. I don't remember if anyone got any Niese cards in the break.


Carlos Gonzalez looks like he is getting ready to take a power dump. I hope he doesn't blow out an O-ring. Rickie Weeks seems to me to have the worst-fitting uniform in baseball. After doing some Googling, it would appear that it is mostly just a couple of pictures in which he looks to be wearing a circus tent. His uniform fits okay in the rest. He is one of those players who will go on a hot streak, I will add him to my fantasy roster, he'll go 0 - for - 27, I'll drop him, and he'll get three hits in the next game. His stats the last couple of years have been pretty bad all around, but his stats for my fantasy teams are even worse than that.


More prospects. I wish I could remember who posted it, but I read a blog post the other day about Ugly Pitching Face. William Oliver has got him some Ugly Ugly Pitching Face.


Chris Sale isn't doing so well in the Ugly Pitching Face department, either. He looks like a mix between Skeletor and the Wolfman.


Trevor Rosenthal graces the front of this pack's insert, a mini Refractor that probably lists the Cardinals' top 5 prospects on the back. I don't know for sure. I haven't seen this card for a couple of months.


No comments:

Post a Comment