27 August 2014

What eBay Hath Wrought 105: R.A. Dickey 2014 Heritage Relic


I'd put in a few bids on R.A. Dickey's 2014 Heritage Clubhouse Collection card when the product first came out, but they always went for like $3.50 + $2.75 shipping and that felt like a little too much to pay for this card. The other day I saw one pop up on my feed with no bids at $0.99 + $2.50 shipping, and I thought that if I could get it for that price it would be okay. So I bid on it and because Heritage was like 5 product releases ago and Dickey isn't in contention for any sort of Cy Young award, no one else bid on it and I won it for the starting bid.


And that's really all there is to this one. It's a nice little relic sandwiched inside a card made of an approximation of old-timey cardboard and a design that might be close to what you'd see if relic cards existed in 1965. I wonder how those folks back then would feel if you told them we were cutting up pieces of history and putting them in baseball cards. Babe Ruth's bat? Saw it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment