07 November 2014

What eBay Hath Wrought 130: That Smooth Jazz

My least favorite NBA team is the Utah Jazz, but I have to admit that I was rooting for them to beat Lebron James and the Cavaliers on Wednesday evening. I was in class all evening and I don't have a TV package, so I can't watch any NBA games, but I did follow along on my phone when I saw on the scoreboard that the Jazz had the lead in the 4th quarter. The Cavaliers almost came all the way back to win it, but Gordon Hayward sealed it with a buzzer-beater. I am sure that James and the cast of stars assembled around him will be fine as the season progresses, and it would be hard for them to miss the playoffs anyway in the top-heavy Eastern Conference. But it is nice to see them struggle a bit while my Rockets jump out to a fast start, going 6-0 to start the season. I hope I will be able to go down to Utah in March to see them play the Jazz, but I don't know if that'll happen. I think I probably mentioned that before, probably recently.


I grabbed this Hakeem Olajuwon Superfeats card because it was an affordable Olajuwon insert from the 90's that I was pretty sure I didn't already have. It's a nice simple design from the '96-'97 NBA Hoops set. I don't have much else to say about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment