02 December 2014

2014 Topps Stadium Club Victor Martinez Members Only


I haven't got much to talk about today, but I did add another Members Only parallel to my 2014 Topps Stadium Club collection. This time I was able to get Victor Martinez. I don't have any aspirations for completing the set, as there are too many big stars on the checklist, but I will continue to grab them when I can. I would imagine that the time to get them is now, especially in the aftermath of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday discounts. There are liable to be a lot of people breaking a box or three of this stuff and posting their pulls to eBay. In the future the supply will dry up and it will be harder to find this stuff on the secondary market as people move on to other things. I'd really like to get a copy of R.A. Dickey's card, but I haven't seen one pop up yet.


I've seen 2014 Topps High Tek popping up on eBay the last few days. It looks like an okay product, but the checklist passes on most of my player collections. The price tag seems a little excessive, but I haven't watched any box breaks to see what actually comes out of the pack on average. I may try to track down some Jon Singleton cards from the set depending on how the prices play out.

A side note: It really bothers me that the players' birth dates aren't included on the backs of these Stadium Club cards, especially since Topps listed the date the player was acquired. I expect that date to be the birth date, and then it looks all wrong, and then I get mad. I guess it's a minor nitpick, but they really should list the birth date and maybe even the home town. At the very least it would make that text box look less empty and half-assed.

No comments:

Post a Comment