04 October 2015

Click Here to View Cart 9: Hulk's Big Boot Drops on My Dave & Adam's Order


I didn't just buy unopened product in my recent Dave & Adam's order. I also bought one single card. Usually their single-card offerings don't appeal all that much to me, but this Hulk Hogan card popped up while I was filling my cart and I decided that I ought to have it in my collection. It's not the best Hulkster card in my collection, but it is pretty cool. It's just unfortunate that Upper Deck decided to reuse the same image on both cards.

I have to admit that I don't follow Upper Deck's products much anymore, so I didn't know what kind of product 2012 Upper Deck All-Time Greats Sports was or how it was distributed until I looked it up on Cardboard Connection. It looks like the card I have is a Silver Spectrum parallel of the base set. The print run is fairly limited, and my card is copy # 20 / 35.

Hulk Hogan is kind of a relic now, but he was a huge part of the pop culture background that I grew up in and there are more and more wrestlers from his days in the ring that aren't around anymore. It will be a shame when they are all gone, so I am going to keep appreciating guys like Hogan while they're still around. He has many flaws, but I think at heart he is a good guy and tries to make up for the dumb stuff he's done. In my opinion he truly loves all his fans and goes out of his way to do the right thing, even if it comes off as ham-fisted and contrived at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment