18 January 2016

A NASCAR Christmas Card


I've had some pretty good luck in finding new Danica Patrick cards for my collection lately. A lot of the stuff out on eBay is the same old recycled overpriced auctions, but some gems pop up from time to time. It seems like many of the best deals to be had are on serially-numbered parallels, because they can sometimes blend in with all of the overpriced base cards that cycle endlessly on the site.

This card wasn't particularly cheap, but I felt like it was worth grabbing for the asking price. It comes from the 2012 Press Pass FanFare set and it's a Silver parallel. Even better, it's a Christmas card, bearing the serial number # 12 / 25.

I am kind of looking forward to the start of the NASCAR season. I am not a die-hard fan or anything, but I try to catch a few races a year on television and I almost always at least look at the leader board throughout the race to see how my favorite drivers are doing. I can't really pinpoint the source of my additional excitement for the 2016 season, but it's definitely there.

6 comments:

  1. Nice pickup. Danica has been a favorite of mine ever since she gave my baby sister a practice-used, visor peel-off after a round of time trials for the Indy 500, after seeing her hanging on a fence, trying to get a glimpse of pit road several years back. Hopefully 2016 is the year it all clicks for her in NASCAR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does seem to treat her fans well, at least from what I've seen. It would be nice if Danica could make a big leap this year.

      Delete
  2. Jealous.. very nice looking Christmas Card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know it's no consolation to you, but I think of your Christmas Card collection every time I pick up a new # 12 / 25 card.

      Delete
  3. I've got one year left before Tony Stewart retires and then, for the first time I can remember, I'll be without a favorite active driver. It's been Petty--> Waltrip--> Gordon/Stewart. I guess I'll be a free agent fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough when one of your favorites retires. I am still trying to pick a favorite active basketball player since Hakeem Olajuwon retired 13 years ago.

      Delete