17 May 2016

2013 Press Pass Ignite Hot Threads Josh Wise

I meant to post this sooner, but I didn't get around to making a NASCAR post on Sunday after the AAA 400 Drive for Autism at Dover International Speedway. It was a pretty significant race for one of the drivers I collect, as Danica Patrick finished in 13th place for her best finish of the season so far and her 4th Top 20 finish this year. People are saying that she benefited from the wreck that involved 18 cars from the field, but the same could be said of anyone else who finished among the leaders in the race. Dale Earnhardt Jr., another driver I follow, wrecked out of the race and finished the race in 32nd place.


Lastly, Josh Wise finished in 36th place, taking his usual spot among the racers at the back of the field. It would be interesting to see what he might do with better equipment, but there aren't usually a lot of open spots in the big-name cars. I picked up a handful of Josh Wise cards a few months ago, and this 2013 Press Pass Ignite Hot Threads relic is one of them. It's a nice enough card. I opened a fair amount of 2013 Ignite and it was also among the first products I opened when I returned to collecting in 2013, so I've got a bit of a soft spot for these cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment