09 October 2016

2016 The National VIP Danica Patrick - Bank of America 500

Last time I did a NASCAR post, I showed off a card from 2016 Panini - The National. This time around, I have a card from that set's shiny sibling, 2016 Panini - The National VIP. The regular cards come from the silver-colored packs, while the VIP cards come out of the gold-colored packs. These cards are printed using Chrome Prizm technology, and there are plenty of whiz-bang parallels. I haven't had much luck in tracking down the parallels, but I was able to get this base card. Pretty cool stuff.

I have been meaning to get out there and finish my 2016 Panini Prizm NASCAR base set, but it seems like I never get around to it. I also haven't yet tracked down a Danica Patrick relic card from the set. It seems like they usually sell in the $12 range for the base tire relic, and I want to pay about $7 for one. I'll get one eventually.


Today's race was the Bank of America 500 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. It was scheduled for yesterday, but bad weather forced a delay. Danica has had some pretty good starts at the track in her career, with an average starting position of 16.90 over 9 races, but her finishes haven't been all that good and her average finish falls to 19.31. This time around she was able to boost her numbers, starting in 13th and finishing just out of the Top 10 in 11th place. Hopefully she can use these last few races in the season to pile up some more good finishes and get a jump on next year.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had more time to follow NASCAR this year. Here is hoping next year will be less busy. I hope you can snag one of her cards for a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep trying. I don't follow NASCAR very closely. If I'm online while the race is going, I will check the page periodically to see how my favorite drivers are doing. Then I'll check the results afterward, watch a highlight video, and look at the standings. I don't watch a lot of live sports outside of some baseball and maybe 3-4 NFL games a month.

      Delete