22 January 2017

Another National Parallel

I've got a large number of NASCAR cards to post, and I am falling behind on getting to them. I try to reserve NASCAR for Sunday posting, but I may have to increase the frequency, as I've got enough to probably get me out past March. Panini's recent releases have injected a lot of new product into the market, and that's been good news for me. I am still able to get some of the older Press Pass stuff, but most of my recent buys have come from Panini.


This card came from the 2016 Panini The National set. It's a parallel of Danica's base card, numbered # 81 / 99. I don't know if Panini actually named these parallels, but I've seen a couple of places call this one by the name 'Wedges.' I like the look of it, and I've spent a lot of time trying to get one at a decent price. I didn't want to spend $10 on a card with a print run of nearly 100, so I waited, and waited, and waited some more until I found one at an acceptable price. It's hard to collect the #1 seller in NASCAR. She isn't the number one seller in NASCAR die-cast, but she is definitely tops when it comes to trading cards.

I watched both of the NFL Conference Championship games, which were about as dull as you could get. Both games seemed pretty well out of hand early on, and neither trailing team ever seemed like they were capable of making a comeback. If I have to pick a team to win the Super Bowl, I guess I choose the Falcons. My wife is from Atlanta, and her family and friends have at least a casual interest in seeing their local team win it all (my mother-in-law has already added a 'Rise Up' border to her Facebook profile photo). Beating New England will be a tough task, though, and I hope the Super Bowl winds up being a better match-up than today's games were.

4 comments:

  1. I've got one buddy who lives in Atlanta. Another who lives in New Hampshire. Neither are football fans, so this year I'll be pulling for a competitive game and whatever numbers I have in this year's pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a couple of New England fans. They're super obnoxious about it, which I guess fits the stereotype. I'll be hoping for a good game and some decent commercials.

      Delete
  2. I'll be pulling for Atlanta. Seen enough of Brady and Belichick wins. Love the blue Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really like to see Atlanta win, if only to see the Patriots lose. To be honest, though, Tom Brady seems like a pretty wholesome dude. It's hard for me to root against him, even though I think some of the stuff he does (UGG Boots) is kind of silly.

      Delete