21 January 2017

More Star Wars Goodness by John Soukup

John Soukup is an artist who features heavily in my collection, and back in November I picked up another one. Wow, November was a long time ago! I am pretty far behind on my posts, and I've got enough queued up to get me through the end of February. This sketch actually appeared in my Carrie Fisher tribute post, but I haven't yet posted about it specifically.


I believe this card comes from the Topps Star Wars: Journey to The Force Awakens set, but I am not 100% sure on that. There are a lot of Topps sets based on The Force Awakens, and because I didn't buy a lot of those products I am not intimately familiar with the variances in the sketch card stock used for them. But Journey to The Force Awakens is my best guess.


I am inclined to believe that this was the reference photo used for the sketch. I don't always seek out reference photos for sketch cards, but I thought that C-3PO hanging out in a dark background like that was a little unsettling, and I had to see if it came from a film scene.

There isn't a whole lot else to say at the moment. Today was kind of a wasted day. I slept in and didn't do much else. I spent the last two days at work moving furniture around, and it kind of wiped me out. We are getting a new supervisor on Tuesday, and we wanted to get everyone moved around before he starts work. We had to shuffle things between three offices, and then move all of the extra stuff into the tiny office that was left over, aka the new storage closet. I found myself involved in almost every furniture move, and I also spent a lot of time running the carpet cleaner. I don't mind physical labor, but I was tired by the end of Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Sleeping in... ahhhh! It's a fine art in my life and one that I don't get to enjoy as much as I'd like to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to sleep in when I can, although yesterday I went a little overboard with it.

      Delete
  2. Great sketch card. I actually love the way C-3PO turned out more than Leia. Hope you like the new supervisor. I'm not really looking forward to the day when my principal retires, because I have it pretty good with my current boss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the way C-3PO looks on this card. I'm sure the new supervisor will be fine. If not, I have marketable skills now. It's a well-known fact that other agencies are people with my certifications more money for the same work. I'm not ready to jump ship, as I like the work and the people on our team, but it is nice knowing that it shouldn't be too hard to find something else if things go bad.

      Delete