24 January 2017

Munenori Kawasaki Bowman

I don't have a lot of cards in my Munenori Kawasaki player collection, but I think I've got a couple of good ones. One set that wasn't represented in my Kawasaki collection, though, was any version of his 2009 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects World Baseball Classic insert.


I've fixed that problem by grabbing this Gold Chrome parallel of the card, numbered # 46 / 50. I've been following various versions of this card for a long time, but this one finally popped up at a price I was willing to pay for it.

I don't have a lot else to say tonight. It's only Tuesday and I already feel like it's been a hell of a week. The new supervisor at work doesn't seem to be too bad, but even neutral and good changes stress me out.

8 comments:

  1. I wish there were more Kawasaki cards out there to collect. My entire collection fits on a 9-pocket page. By the way... great card. I loved this set, because it featured so many of the big name international stars from recent years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wish he had more cardboard releases. I don't know how likely it is that he will get more, though, as a 35 year-old reserve player. Even his appearance in 2016 Heritage was a nice surprise.

      Delete
  2. Love the card... I'm not sure I knew what his face looked like without the goggles on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now at least you know what he looked like 8 years ago!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like he'll be playing with the Cubs organization a little while longer with his new contract.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully that will result in Topps printing a few more pieces of cardboard with his picture on them.

      Delete