13 May 2017

Power Girl by Jason Worthington

This was supposed to be yesterday's post, but my family is out of town and after I got home from work I crashed and took a nap instead of writing a blog post. I woke up long enough to eat some dinner, then I went back to sleep for the night. This morning I've been trying to get some housework done, but I figured I could get a post written during break time.


I picked up this Power Girl sketch from the Cryptozoic DC Comics: Justice League set on eBay a while back. The seller had it posted without the artist name listed, and I went to Cryptozoic's Facebook page and found this card's picture in their photo album previewing some of the sketches in the product. I let the seller know that Jason Worthington was the artist. They thanked me and updated the listing, but their price was still higher than I wanted to pay.

After a few auction cycles, the seller ran a sale on their listings and I grabbed this one up. It's my first sketch from Worthington. His Facebook page isn't all that active, but he does seem to post a little more often on Instagram. He's got a DeviantArt profile, too, but it looks like it's been a while since that was updated.

This is a pretty cool sketch. I like Worthington's use of bright colors in his work, and the linework is pretty nice as well. I'm glad I was able to add this one to my Power Girl sketch collection.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like such a cartoon perv, because I can't help but look at one thing when I look at this sketch card. Seriously... how does Worthington do those eyes? Wait. What did you think I was talking about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the cleavage on this one is pretty distracting. I went back and forth on whether to buy it, but in the end the price was too good and the art was too nice to pass up. Worthington did do a great job on her eyes, though. Very striking.

      Delete