04 May 2017

Star Wars Big Three by Olivia Moy

The entire internet is telling me that it's Star Wars Day today, so I figured I'd better dip into my Star Wars drafts for this post. I picked up this sketch card from the artist on eBay back in January, and it's been hanging out among my unposted scans ever since.


The artist is Olivia Moy. She does some pretty neat Star Wars art, but it doesn't look like she does a whole lot of eBay selling. I just stumbled upon her listings at the right time. She's got a website, an active Twitter account, and a not-so-active Facebook page.

The sketch pictures Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Leia Organa cheesing it up for the camera. I thought it was a pretty fun sketch with nice linework, so I threw down a bid and wound up winning the auction. Moy doesn't seem to have a lot of work for sale, but I'll be keeping an eye out for more.

4 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic sketch. I don't often connect Star Wars with laughter... there's so much action and drama... but the artist does a great job highlighting the three above in such a jovial manner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This photo looks like one of the press photos that were taken of the cast, where they act a little silly. It looks similar to a particular photo shoot featuring these three actors, but the poses are changed a bit and I think the clothes are, too.

      Delete