02 September 2017

Breaking it Down 37: Phillies from a 2017 Topps Chrome Group Break

I bought into a 2017 Topps Chrome group break, choosing the Phillies spot largely with the hope of pulling some colorful Refractors of Maikel Franco or Pat Neshek. That didn't happen. I got a bunch of base cards that I didn't scan and a few basic Refractors that I also didn't scan.


I did scan the inserts and hits, though. My single insert from the break was this Freshman Flash card of Jorge Alfaro. He came to the Phillies in the trade that sent Cole Hamels to the Rangers. He's been doing pretty well for the team in 13 games so far this season.


I also got Alfaro's base autograph. The Phillies aren't very good this year, but it seems like there is a lot of buzz about their young roster. This team could be a contender in a few years. Alfaro seems to be pretty consistently ranked within the Top 100 on prospect lists.


Roman Quinn is the other Phillies player whose autograph I pulled in this group break. He's spent much of this season injured, a problem that has plagued him throughout his career. If he could get healthy, he'd probably be up at the MLB level, but his most recent injury is reportedly going to keep him out for the remainder of this season.

That's all I got in this group break spot. Not a lot there, but this kind of stuff is a gamble.

No comments:

Post a Comment