06 October 2017

Power Girl by Bun Leung

I'm a member of quite a few Facebook groups for showing off or advertising comic art and sketch cards. That's where I discover a lot of the artists whose art winds up in my collection. Earlier this year, I bumped into artist Bun Leung's work and started following his Facebook page. That also let me to his online shop, where he's got a variety of comic and pop culture art for sale. He's even got a section of affordable art with full-size sketches under $10 in many cases.


I picked up a She-Hulk sketch from his store, but I don't think that one ever made it onto my scanner before I put it away. Then I saw a post from him on Facebook advertising a limited number of sketches available for commission. I was able to get on the list, and I asked for a sketch of Power Girl for my collection. It didn't take very long at all before he sent me a picture of the artwork and shipped it out. I'm very happy with this sketch. If you're looking for affordable work in an anime-inspired style, I'd recommend giving his shop a look or following his page and looking for commission spots to open up. 


8 comments:

  1. I like Bun Leung's logo. And, that' a pretty sweet sketch card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His logo is pretty cool. And that's a full-size sketch (I think 8 1/2 x 10 or 9 x 12).

      Delete
  2. Awesome sketch! Thanks for sharing the link to his store. He's got some really good deals in his affordable art section. I was tempted to pull the trigger on a few items... but I've gotta watch my spending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's got a lot of cool stuff. I have a hard time not going on a shopping spree on his site.

      Delete
  3. Nice! Love the art style. Thanks to this post, I just picked up a couple of his affordable sketches (& could easily buy several more if I let myself), so he can thank you for those two sales. Can't wait to get 'em. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it when one of my posts pushes some new business to an artist I like. Hopefully you do a blog post on the sketches you got!

      Delete
    2. The blog post is finally about to happen.

      Delete