29 November 2017

Another Power Girl Sketch Card by Joe Rubinstein

I showed a Power Girl sketch by Joe Rubinstein last year, and I've since added another one to my collection.


This is a less angry Power Girl, with shorter hair than the one I showed before. Both sketches are from Cryptozoic's DC Comics: The Women of Legend trading card set. Rubinstein has a Facebook page, but other than that I can't find much online presence for him. It is interesting how some artists are on every social media platform, and others are almost invisible online. Maybe part of it is that in comics he is primarily known as an inker, and he started doing sketch cards as a way to stretch his skills and range as an artist. Here's a good interview where he talks about that. I'm really happy with both cards I've picked up featuring his work, and hopefully I'll find more of it for my collection in the future.

2 comments: