19 November 2017

Contested Shots 29: Charlotte Flair Relic from Sports Card Info

Back in October I won a contest on the Sports Card Info blog. It's taken me a while to get the post up, because I was out of town for a month.


The card I won was this Charlotte Flair mat relic from the 2017 Topps WWE Women's Division set. It contains a bit of the mat from the Survivor Series 2015 event. The timing of this contest was pretty cool for me, as I met Charlotte Flair at a book signing on September 30th.

This year's Survivor Series event was tonight, and Charlotte Flair defeated Alexa Bliss in their match during the evening. I didn't watch the event, although I thought about it. I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things at home, and I didn't feel like adding more noise into my life. My kids have been on one today, and I have had a month without all of the sound and questions. I'll be a little happy to go to work in the morning and sit in silence for a bit.


Also included in the prize package was a pin with the Sports Card Info logo on it. I think it's pretty neat. The Sports Card Info blog holds a lot of contests and posts plenty of card reviews and box breaks. Go and check it out if you don't already have it on your blog roll. Thanks for the contest!

6 comments:

  1. Cool card. Got a chance to learn about Charlotte a little from the ESPN special on Papa Flair, but need to read the book at some point. Hope you enjoy the silence at work today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the silence has been pretty nice. I love my kids, but as an extreme introvert it takes me some time to adjust back to living with them. It's probably good for all of us if I get away for a few hours most days.

      Delete
    2. I'm not a parent, so I will never fully understand what parents go through. However... a teacher who enjoys my job and loves my students... I can appreciate time away from them. I've been looking forward to my Thanksgiving break for almost two months now.

      Delete
    3. I don't think I would have the patience to be a teacher. Teachers perform some of the most important work in our society, and they don't get nearly the compensation or support they deserve.

      Delete
  2. Very Neat! I need to keep my eyes out more for these contests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I don't enter every one that they run, but it's pretty easy to enter the ones that interest me.

      Delete