22 November 2017

Topps Triple Threads Dickey

I'm pretty tired tonight, so this will be a short post. I thought about skipping out altogether, but I usually feel better if I manage to get a post written.


This card comes from 2013 Topps Triple Threads. It's some kind of multi-relic parallel, numbered # 3 / 9. The player on the front is knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, whose pitching is considered 'Trickey.' The relic windows are filled with bat pieces. 


I got the card on eBay, and probably for a decent price. The back of the card manages to link Trickey Dickey up with Richard 'Tricky Dick' Nixon.

4 comments:

  1. Nice. "Antecedent" is a stellar word-of-the-day from Topps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at you, Topps, out here educating the masses!

      Delete
  2. Sweet relic! I hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good! My wife was out of town Friday-Sunday, so I had the kids to myself for the weekend. It was painful at times, but we got through it.

      Delete