16 December 2017

Cyber Week Breaks: Day 9 - Knockout Saves the Day, Plus LEGO

Today was going to be kind of a boring break, in my opinion, but the two boxes of 2017 Topps UFC Knockout I ordered from the Topps website arrived and I added a mini-box from the product to today's offerings. Each box of Knockout includes four mini-boxes, and promises 2 autographed relic cards, 2 autographed cards, and 4 relic cards overall. That works out to a relic and some kind of autograph per mini-box, along with a couple of parallels and six base cards. I didn't photograph the base cards, but they look like the parallels with less color. The other stuff I busted today was a box of 2016 Topps UFC High Impact and 3 jumbo packs of 2012 Topps Series 2 Baseball.


The first parallel from the Knockout mini-box was this Blue Tecia Torres, numbered # 42 / 99. I am a little bit of a Torres fan, because an Invicta fighter (Sharon Jacobson) I know trains with her. Torres' only loss is to current champion Rose Namajunas, and she's won three fights in a row since that loss.


I also got a Green parallel of Khabib Nurmagomedov, numbered # 037 / 215. My hits from this box were pretty darn good, with a Nate Diaz Tier One relic card numbered # 107 / 125 being the promised relic in the box. This is the base version of the card, which is seeded at a rate of 1:6 packs. The big hit of the box is a Miesha Tate Tier One Autograph Silver Ink parallel, numbered # 08 / 10. These are a tough pull, at 1:61 packs, or about every 8 boxes. It's a nice-looking card, too, with an on-card signature and a dark background to help the ink really pop.


Moving on to the scheduled breaks, here are my pulls from the box of High Impact. Tony Ferguson is the autograph from the box, and I think he is another fighter whose signature is new to my collection. The Femme Fighters insert is Cat Zingano, whose card I already had. I only need a couple more cards from the Femme Fighters insert, so I'm expecting a lot of doubles from here on out.


The three packs of 2012 Topps Series 2 Baseball didn't have much that was very interesting, so I took pictures of the 1987 Topps Mini inserts and a Nolan Ryan Mound Dominance insert.


We were planning on going to see the new Star Wars movie today, but it didn't work out that way. Instead I built some LEGO kits I had kicking around under my desk. First up was kit # 70902, the Catwoman Cycle Chase. The kit has 139 pieces that go together to make a jewelry shop, Catwoman's motorcycle, Catwoman, Batgirl, and Robin. This is a smaller kit, but it was a pretty fun build. The motorcycle looks like a proper custom chopper, and the jewelry shop has enough detail to fit into any retail shopping scene, if you are a person who is building a custom LEGO city.


I am adding a picture of the interior of the jewelry shop to go along with the conversation in the comments. There's not a whole lot to it.


I also built kit # 75168, Yoda's Jedi Starfighter. This one has 262 pieces, and is made up of the ship, Yoda, and R2-D2. This isn't the first time this kit has appeared on a trading card blog, as San Jose Fuji built it last March.

7 comments:

  1. I've been debating about picking up that Catwoman set just for the jewelry shop pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added a picture of the interior above. There's not really a whole lot to it, although by the time you buy all the parts on the secondary market it might be a wash compared to the cost of the kit. If you change out a couple parts on Catwoman's bike, you might have a good start on a custom chopper for your city's biker gang. It might be a bit bulky for a LEGO City build, though.

      Delete
    2. I wish I would have been more consistent on picking up the SW LEGO sets when they first released. Some cool sets out there. After seeing The Last Jedi, there are some really cool sets I hope they release!!

      Delete
    3. You are correct, that's pretty bare bones (typical for most City set interiors).

      Delete
    4. SumoMenkoMan - There are a lot of Star Wars sets I've missed out on. I've just had to let it go and realize I can't have everything. The prices do go sky-high once they are retired.

      Nachos Grande - I like to read your blog posts where you spruce up the interiors a little with custom fixtures.

      Delete
  2. Another Diaz hit? Nice. Love Yoda's Starfighter. It's affordable... a solid build... and comes with two great minifigs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty fun little ship. I enjoyed putting it together.

      Delete