25 April 2018

The Start of a Big Box of Wrestling Cards from Japan

Shortly after the 2018 BBM True Heart wrestling set came out, I went searching on Yahoo! Auctions Japan to find some of the cards I hadn't been able to pull from boxes. Along the way, I found quite a few things from other years that I had to have. After all of the envelopes arrived at the Buyee warehouse, I paid the shipping and packing fees and waited. A rather large box arrived in the mail a couple of days ago, and I thought I'd share one of the cooler things I found while shopping.


This is a 2002 BBM dual autograph Dream Match card, featuring the signatures of Meiko Satomura (left) and Ayako Hamada (right). True Heart sets didn't come onto the market until 2003, so I am not sure which BBM wrestling product contained this card. It's a double-sized card, so it's got a crease in the middle where it folds. It's also hand-numbered  11 / 50. Pretty cool stuff, and even better that it's signed by two of the bigger names in women's wrestling out of Japan. Both wrestlers have had long careers in Japan, as well as plenty of other work around the world.


The back of the booklet features a certificate of authenticity and the facsimile signature of BBM President Tetsuo Ikeda.


I took pictures of the card outside of the top loader, too, so the details can be seen more easily. I didn't know this card existed, but as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted it. That's a topic that Ryan G discussed a little while ago. How do you know you want something until you know it exists?


Here's the back without a top loader, just for fun. There was plenty of good stuff in that big box from Japan, but this was really one of the coolest things in it.

4 comments:

  1. That is pretty neat. I have not seen that in any of the sumo products. Definitely unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was super cool, so I had to put down a bid on it. It was one of the pricier things I picked up in this order, but totally worth it!

      Delete
  2. These are awesome! It's rare these days to see dual signed cards that are actually on-card. Plus their signatures are beautiful... which makes these cards extra special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty neat to have a dual-signed on-card autograph. They do have great signatures. This is certainly one of the prize cards in my Japanese wrestling collection.

      Delete