07 May 2018

Power Girl and Wonder Woman by Jeremy R. Scott

Today I've got a couple of sketch cards to show off from artist Jeremy R. Scott. Usually I try to link to an artist's social media pages and website. He has a website, but it hasn't been updated since the end of 2016. The same goes for his various social media accounts.


The first sketch card I have is this Power Girl from the Cryptozoic DC Comics: Justice League set. His art style is pretty distinctive, and I don't know if everyone will like it, but I think it looks cool. I was very happy to grab this one for my extensive collection of Power Girl artwork.


I was a little surprised that I was able to get this Wonder Woman card from the Cryptozoic DC Comics: Bombshells set. Wonder Woman is a very popular character, and it can be hard to beat out all the other collectors for artwork featuring her. I was able to land this one, though, and that was pretty cool. For those who are wondering, Bombshells is a spinoff that features various DC characters redesigned for a 1940's setting. They started out a designs by artist Ant Lucia, but the figures became so popular that DC cashed in with a whole line of merchandise and comics. I think it's pretty cool, and I have a full run of the print comics, although I haven't read the digital comics that came before.

I would like to track down more artwork by Jeremy R. Scott, but it looks like he might be difficult to track down. I guess I'll keep watching eBay. I was happy to be able to get a Power Girl sketch for my main art collection, and a Wonder Woman sketch as well.

4 comments:

  1. I like the Bombshells set, I picked up some of the Catwoman inserts. I love that 1940s vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Bombshells stuff as well. I picked up a box of the cards quite a while ago, but I don't think I've ever posted about it.

      Delete
  2. Lol. Power girl must be the bustiest girl in comics. I haven't seen a single sketch card of her where those things aren't popping out at you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She probably is, at least on the mainstream side of comics.

      Delete