31 July 2019

A Hobby Box of 2019 Topps WWE SummerSlam

Although I think Topps is kind of overdoing it on WWE cards, I still have to try each of the products out. I was considering skipping the upcoming Money in the Bank set, but each box promises three autographs plus another hit, which is better seeding than I anticipated. My latest break was a Hobby box of 2019 Topps WWE SummerSlam. It offered 24 packs and 2 hits, with one of the hits guaranteed to be an autograph.


The base set is broken up into two parts. The first 50 cards show stars from the WWE roster. It is pretty similar in design to any of the other recent Topps WWE releases. I pulled 94/100 base cards from the box with no doubles, so I was pretty close to a full base set.


The second 50 cards in the base set feature different moments from the year in WWE. Again, this is pretty standard for recent WWE products.


I pulled 12 Bronze parallels from the box, in line with what was expected. I am always happy to add another Naomi card to my collection. On the roster cards the parallels are set apart by the little wedges in the corners, while the event-based cards have a colored background on them.


I got one numbered parallel in the box, a Blue # / 99 card from the second half of the checklist.


There are a couple of primary insert sets in the product. I think each of the major retailers also has an exclusive insert set found in their blasters. The first insert is this SummerSlam All-Stars set featuring some of the big names that have prospered at SummerSlam events. I pulled 24 / 25 of the card from this insert set from the box.


The other set is a SummerSlam's Greatest Matches and Moments set, with big events from SummerSlams past. It has a larger checklist, and I pulled 24 / 40 cards from the set.


There are four SummerSlam poster cards in the product, and I pulled all of them. You see an awful lot of Brock Lesnar on these posters.


The Ronda Rousey tribute set carries across several products, and cards 21-30 are included in SummerSlam packs. I pulled 4 / 10 of her cards in the box.


My first hit was a SummerSlam 2018 mat relic featuring Braun Strowman. This is the Silver version, numbered # 02 / 25. I am glad I avoided a manufactured logo patch card, and I think they picked a fun picture for the card.


My autograph was Bobby Lashley, the same signature I pulled from the box of 2019 Topps WWE Raw I opened back in April. At least this one is on card.


Although there isn't much new here, this is a fun product to open. I don't know if Topps should be releasing so many sets, but I also know that I will likely buy a Hobby box and a few blasters of any set they put out.

9 comments:

  1. Nice to see an on-card autograph. My WWE interest is at a high right now. I've actually been looking up Asuka matches at least once or twice a month on YT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should watch more wrestling than I do, but I enjoy opening the cards and buying merch from indie wrestlers. I bought into a case break of Undisputed today and had the Asuka spot, but they didn't hit any of her cards. Kind of a bummer.

      Delete
    2. Oh man... buying into a case break and hitting Asuka would have been like hitting the lottery. Sorry to hear none of her cards popped up though.

      Delete
    3. I won the Asuka spot in an auction. It was one of the worse breaks of Undisputed I've seen, unless you bought the Luke Gallows or Karl Anderson spots. I did wind up getting a couple of cool cards, but most of the spots I bought didn't hit anything.

      Delete
    4. And of course today's half-case included a 1/1 auto Rusev (a wrestler I bought yesterday), an Asuka /50 autograph, and a couple other nice cards for wrestlers I had the spots for in yesterday's break of the other half of the case.

      Delete
    5. And a 1/1 Asuka printing plate autograph. ARGHHH!

      Delete
  2. This post combined with my watching of GLOW on Netflix is taking me back to when I was a wrestling fanatic. Best of luck with your future card purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!
    You have a nice collections of WWF

    Joker388
    Sbobet99
    Sbobet888
    Joker388
    Sbobet338

    The Undertaker is always my favorit!!
    do you have The Rock and Kane Autograph?
    btw, Thankyou for sharing ^_^
    will wait your next post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! WWF Stars
    I Love WWF since i was teenagers!!

    Wala Meron S128
    Slot99
    Sbobet388
    Live Chat Sbobet
    Joker88

    Thankyou for sharing, this is the first time i saw their photograph! :)
    What a great post!!

    ReplyDelete