19 January 2017

Sketch Card Commission by Frank A. Kadar

Artist Frank A. Kadar has been on my art wish list for quite a while. Over the holidays he had a sale on sketch cards commissions in his webstore. I figured that was a pretty good excuse to add his work to my collection, and placed an order for a Power Girl sketch.


The website listed a 4-8 week turnaround time, but I think I got it quicker than that. Maybe it took the 4 weeks, but if it did, it wasn't much longer than that. I'm pretty happy with this one. It vaults right up into my top few favorite Power Girl sketches. I wish I had more to say about it, but it's just a really nice piece of art.


He included a business card with links to his various social media profiles. That Etsy store link at the bottom works, but it just redirects you to the Storenvy shop I linked to in the first paragraph. I liked my sketch so much, I went back and ordered another sketch card from him. I'll show it off eventually here on the blog.

I don't have much more to say at the moment. I think I'm fighting off another cycle of depression, and it's about all I can do just to get myself up in the morning for work and take care of my basic chores at home. I'm hoping I can push through it and get back into a more productive routine, but it usually takes a bit. Sometimes when I am down, even recreational stuff like blogging can feel like too much work. It's a lifetime disease, so I have to manage it as best I can, and sometimes that means all of my energy goes to boring stuff like keeping my job and making sure the bills get paid.

4 comments:

  1. That is an amazing sketch, the background is really cool and makes Power Girl stand out nicely. I hear you on being depressed, I have bought of it too. If you need to talk you, even if it is about cards,have my email. I will get your things mailed out soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kadar definitely does good work, and his backgrounds are interesting without overpowering the subject. Depression is just a part of my life. I manage it pretty well for the most part, but sometimes it really drains my energy.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully the weather will warm up soon and that'll help. It always does wonders for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I don't like the heat of summer very much, but I really hate the cold and wet of the winter months. Slogging through the snow and ice just makes things miserable.

      Delete