25 July 2017

Topps WWE Now Chris Jericho Payback

I haven't posted in a few days, which probably has my legions of readers wondering what I'm up to. Well, I'm currently in San Diego, California for a training course. I haven't had a chance to do much in the way of sight-seeing yet. I flew in on Sunday evening, and pulled a bit of an all-nighter on a paper that was due Monday morning (RAZ, wasn't that assignment available for three weeks prior to the due date?). So after class on Monday I slept a lot, and did a bit of the same this evening. I do have tickets to a Padres game this weekend, and I have a couple of other things planned. I was here in San Diego from 2000-2002 as a missionary, so there are a couple of places I remember from that time that I'd like to see. So that's the update on me.


I am pretty inconsistent when it comes to picking up Topps WWE Now cards. I pick one up here and there when I feel like it. This card comes from way back in April, when I was fresh off of attending a WWE Live event in Cincinnati, Ohio that featured Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens. Chris Jericho is so entertaining that I had to pick up this card featuring him in the middle of an aerobatic maneuver.


The print run on this one was 56 cards. The WWE Now cards don't get a lot of orders, but I guess they get enough to keep the line going. I really considered buying a couple from the last batch they did for WWE Battleground, but I didn't watch the event and didn't really need any of them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's a pretty low print run. It still freaks me out that that cards with such low print runs are so affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be interesting to see what happens to them down the road. Will they be in high demand, or will collectors ignore them?

      Delete