05 December 2014

Zack Greinke is Probably Not Tom Brady


I snagged another Members Only parallel from 2014 Stadium Club, this time of Dodgers starting pitcher Zack Greinke. This is a pretty standard pitching shot, although it includes a nice big dose of Ugly Pitching Face. For some reason it reminds me of this:


As far as I know, though, Greinke doesn't have his own line of UGG boots...

Because every time I see Tom Brady, I think, "Ugg..."
...a series of Stetson ads...

"These are mah shit-kickin' boots! I can kick a cow pie a quarter mile!"
...or a tiny goat.

"I wear the gloves on account of his fierce bite! That little sucker packs a wallop!"

I don't know where that was all going, but even though Zack Greinke throwing a baseball looks a lot like Tom Brady throwing down a high five, they are not the same person. I also am pretty certain that Tom Brady is not as country as these ads would have you believe.


Here is the back of the card, scanned for the sake of completeness. I followed Greinke pretty closely because he was on a lot of my fantasy baseball teams during his time with the Royals, but after he moved into the big market of Los Angeles his draft stock went up and I'm usually not willing to pay the big-market premium on players. I've kind of lost track of him lately.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder who has bigger social anxiety issues now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I forgot all about that whole saga.

      Delete
    2. I don't think Tom Brady has an ounce of social anxiety in his body. He's gone out in public dressed as the Cowardly Lion as part of a group costume with his wife. That basically makes him a cosplayer, right? Props to him for being comfortable with himself to that degree.

      Delete