20 November 2016

My First Blue Danica Relics - Ford EcoBoost 400

Today marked the last race of the 2016 NASCAR season, with Jimmie Johnson claiming his 7th career championship by winning the Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. I didn't watch the race, but I checked in on it a few times during the afternoon. Danica Patrick spent most of the race pretty far back in the pack, but managed to get back up into 19th place by the end of the race, good enough for another Top 20 finish on the year and a career-best 23rd-place finish in the overall season standings.

I've been a little under the weather all weekend, so I haven't done much of anything over the last two days. I am hoping to feel well enough to go to work tomorrow and get some stuff done before we take off for the long holiday weekend. Even if I don't feel better, I might go to work anyway. Staying home with my kids around generally isn't that restful.


I was pretty excited to get this card for my Danica Patrick collection as part of an eBay lot. It's from the 2016 Panini Torque product, which I believe is the company's second NASCAR offering. This is the Red parallel of Danica's Quad Materials card, which naturally has four relic swatches. The red foil is a lot brighter in-hand than it shows in the scans. It is numbered # 13 / 49. The reason I was excited about it, though, was that it contains my first relic swatches from Patrick's new Nature's Bakery sponsorship. There are blue firesuit swatches in the upper and lower boxes. The second box down is a piece of tire. The third box is an older swatch, with a bit of green sheet metal that probably came from a GoDaddy sponsored car. The green color doesn't show well in the scan. It's a pretty nice card, probably one of my better additions to this driver collection for 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment