14 November 2016

The Knuckleballer Flies South in the Winter

I've got just one card to post about today, but recent events have given me an opportunity to make it relevant.


This is a 2015 Bowman Baseball Orange parallel of former Blue Jays pitcher R.A. Dickey, who recently signed with the Atlanta Braves. For some reason I have never cared for the Braves, but now R.A. Dickey and Bartolo Colon are members of the team for 2017, and I will have to pull for them at least a little bit. The card was an eBay purchase, and is numbered # 15 / 25.

I did not work on my card sorting project this week at all. Last weekend I made it through a 5000-count box. While I was sorting, my youngest son (he's younger than the middle son, his twin, by all of two minutes) brought his Pokemon cards down to join me in the sorting party. He was also obsessed with the tire and firesuit relic cards from my blasters of 2014 Press Pass Total Memorabilia, asking over and over if he could touch the different swatches of material. I thought it was pretty neat that he wanted to sit with me and sort cards for part of an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment