19 February 2018

Half a Case of The Guild

I've been busting boxes of Cryptozoic's The Guild trading cards whenever I can, chasing the short-printed autograph of Felicia Day as her character, Codex, from the video game in the web series. Several months ago I tried to buy a case of the set from Dave & Adam's Card World, but they only had half a case in stock, or six boxes. So I bought 6 boxes.


Here are the relics from the box. I did all right, although these boxes really overdid it with Vincent Caso. I was happy to pull a Jeff Lewis, though, and the Amy Okuda and Robin Thorsen are nice gets.


The autographs from the boxes were all right, although I think I've got copies of most of these already. Doubles are expected when you've opened as much of this stuff as I have. It was cool to get another Wil Wheaton signature.


Finally! This Felicia Day as Codex autograph card came out of the last box I opened. I don't think Dave & Adam's have gotten any more of this in stock, so it was pretty nice to actually get the card I was chasing out of this batch of boxes.

I spent the long weekend doing some work around the house. We are trying to refinance our mortgage, and that means an appraisal, so we are trying to get everything done that we can. I got a chainsaw on Saturday, and that allowed me to lay waste to some dead trees and a couple of stumps that were bothering me. Today I put some new gutters up on the front of the house. The old ones were destroyed by ice in the big snowstorm last year, and I finally got around to replacing them. I hope these ones hold up better.

9 comments:

  1. That is great that you pulled the Felicia Day/Codex card and the Wil Wheaton was a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty happy to get that Felicia Day autograph. I've been chasing it for a few years now.

      Delete
  2. Were you able to complete base sets from the box? Very cool on the Wil Wheaton auto...in fact, all the autographs look really nice....like the actors and actresses took their time signing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you usually get a base set and then some from a box of this. I probably have a dozen or more base sets now. Some of the insert sets are tougher to build, though. I would have to actually sort all of my cards to figure out if I've got all of them.

      Delete
  3. I should have bought out my wholesaler when he had these. Great show. Love all of the characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The base cards get a little repetitive after a few boxes of this, but the relics and autographs are pretty fun. I have to say that I don't much like the photo on the Fernando Chien autograph card. I can be a little squeamish about eyeballs.

      Delete
  4. Isn't it so rewarding to pull the exact card you were looking for? Congrats on getting the Felicia Day auto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty sweet, but it doesn't happen nearly enough! I was pretty excited to finally pull this one.

      Delete