25 January 2024

Joining the #Drumline

I'd forgotten how hard it is sometimes to churn out a blog post every day or two. For several years of my life it was a regular thing, but I lost the habit and am struggling to keep the mojo going here upon my return. That was one draw that pulled me into Twitter/X during my blogging hiatus, as you could just snap a pic, throw out a sentence or two, and post away. I never really gained much traction on Twitter/X, though, as my content probably wasn't focused or frequent enough to grab an audience. I wouldn't say I have a huge blog audience either, even during my most productive blogging years, but there are a few folks who stuck around and read what I have to say. Recently my blog even got a shoutout on a Facebook group as a good reference for Japanese women's wrestling cards. I don't know where I'm going with all of this, except to say that it's hard to churn out content no matter the platform, and that it's hard to get a following unless you are focused and charismatic in ways that I am not.


Recently on Twitter/X, a user by the name of @crackthepacks started a movement called the Drumline, which is basically a club of people who own Star Wars autograph cards of Murphy Patrick Martin as a drummer. He shows up in a few products, and I grabbed this base autograph from him so that I could join the #Drumline. It's kind of fun, and @crackthepacks does giveaways and shoutouts to #Drumline members from time to time.


Demand from the #Drumline started driving the prices of Murphy Patrick Martin autographs up to the point that some people couldn't participate, so the group that heads up the #Drumline decided to grant membership to people who own autographs of Allan Graf as the Bartender. I also picked up one of those in order to attain dual membership in the #Drumline.

Anyone who is so inclined can join the #Drumline by obtaining a Drummer or Bartender autograph from a Star Wars product and posting about it on Twitter/X with the #Drumline tag. Eventually @crackthepacks will notice your post, welcome you to the #Drumline, invite you to the special group chat, and add you to the official spreadsheet. Very prestigious stuff.

10 comments:

  1. Even at my peak... I was able to produce a post a day. These days... I'm lucky to write 2 posts a week. I'm truly impressed by any blogger who produces daily blog posts.

    As for the drummer... this is an interesting club. I love Star Wars, but not active enough on Twitter to join.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the exercise my brain gets from writing, and sharing my collection with the internet helps the hobby seem more worthwhile to me, but I doubt I'll be able to keep up a 6-7 post per week pace. There is too much other stuff in my life for blogging and card collecting to take up that much of my time.

      Delete
    2. Whatever you're able to publish... your readers will appreciate. Very happy to see posts on here again.

      Delete
    3. I guess we'll see how it goes.

      Delete
  2. I could never post once a day; I'm lucky I can get a pack up on A Pack To Be Named Later once a month. Even the occasional post would be welcome by us!

    How did they decide on the Bartender?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what the thought was on including the Bartender. I think it was just another cheapish autograph that was available in sufficient quantities, so that more people could meet the threshold of joining the club. It's meant to be an exclusive organization, but not THAT exclusive.

      Delete
  3. No twitting/tweeting for me, but still nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twitter/X is not for everyone, but I find it allows me to stay superficially aware of a lot of things without a lot of effort, kind of a blogroll for the topics in the world that interest me.

      Delete
  4. I just hope that you don't burn yourself out trying to post so frequently after such a long hiatus. That's happened to a few people in recent years, and when it does, they rarely ever seem to come back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we'll see how it goes. I hope I can keep up some kind of pace, even if it's not a daily rate.

      Delete