18 January 2024

Another Addition to the Jamie Moyer PC

Just a one-card post today, as I am tired and have to get up extra early tomorrow. We've had a bunch of snow over the last little bit, like much of the US, and I've mostly been working from home during the storms. My wife's car can't make it up the lane in it's current state, so that means I have to get up early to get her and the kids to school (she works as a teacher in the school our kids attend). Today a neighbor, the UPS truck, and the Amazon driver all got stuck on the hill that serves as the driveway for our neighborhood. My truck got up and down it okay with snow tires and 4WD, but it's pretty sketchy. I guess things could be worse, but I'd prefer for the snow and cold to move along.


I mentioned a few days ago that I had sought out a few rarer cards for my Jamie Moyer player collection. This time I snagged an autograph from 2005 Donruss Diamond Kings. I assume it's the Bronze variation based on a cursory look at the Trading Card Database, but there are so many variations with different serial numbers that it would be difficult for me to know for sure. Either way, this one is limited to 50 copies. It's not in great condition and I definitely overpaid for it, but now I have an autograph for the Jamie Moyer PC. I'm not looking to get all of his cards, but I'd like to have a few nice ones in the collection. This one fits the bill as far as I'm concerned.
 

6 comments:

  1. That hill sounds intimidating... as I'm guessing neither of my cars would be able to make that climb. Glad you have a truck that's able to get up and down it. As for Moyer, I have his 1996 Leaf Signature auto, but sadly he's featured with the Red Sox. I'm hoping one day Topps includes him in their Archives Fan Favorites checklist, because I'd much rather have him pictured with the Mariners like your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to get my wife's car up and down the driveway today, but I think she'll be taking the truck to work tomorrow (I have the day off). I'd definitely buy a Jamie Moyer Archives auto.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to blogging! Careful on that driveway of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The snow has melted enough for the driveway to be almost passable. Hopefully there won't be much more on the way. It's pretty rare for us to get snowed in all the way like this.

      Delete
  3. He has surprisingly few autographs out, especially considering that he played into the era when HITZ started becoming all the rage. I'm sure he'll sign his soul away at some point (everyone else does) and start appearing in every single Fanatics product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's odd how some players show up in every autograph set, and others just don't. It'd be interesting to see how that all gets negotiated.

      Delete