30 January 2024

Holly Holm Auto Relic

A while back I was searching for a UFC Panini Kaboom! card to add to my collection. I wasn't feeling too particular about which fighter was featured on the card, but I certainly have favorites and fighters I don't care as much for. The prices on Kaboom!s are pretty high, so I wound up passing (for the moment), but while looking at Holly Holm Kaboom! cards I realized that some of her autographs are pretty reasonably priced. This led to a couple of bids, and eventually to an auction win on this 2022 Immaculate Collection autographed memorabilia card. I liked this card because of the decent 2-color relic swatch and the on-card autograph.


Today my boss let us know he'd taken another job and will be leaving in the next couple of months. Another coworker also announced that she is moving to be closer to family and will be quitting if she can't get approved for remote work. That's a lot of change for me, and not particularly good change. I have a good boss right now, and I like that other coworker a lot more than many coworkers I've had. We have a pretty nice vibe in the office, and even hang out and go hunting together outside of work. All good things come to an end, though, and I suppose work situations are one of those things that are prone to shifting. The people who are left will probably be fine and band together to get through the transition, but we'll add people to replace the outgoing folks and that could go any which way. It's hard to imagine that things will get better than they already were.

4 comments:

  1. I remember when Holm shocked everyone by beating Rousey. I was pretty bummed. Great looking signature though.

    I struggle with change... especially when it involves getting new bosses (principals). Luckily I've been fortunate enough to like all of them... and the same applies to co-workers. Hopefully you end up liking your new boss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was rooting for Rousey, but I think that moment was an important one in the evolution of women's MMA.

      Change can be pretty hard. I hope our new boss will be one of my longer-tenured coworkers, and that the change to the office dynamic will not be too drastic.

      Delete
  2. The bit of material looks different. Of course, I'm guessing that there aren't a lot of plain white swatches in the world of UFC relics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually have a little bit of color or pattern to them.

      Delete