03 February 2024

Holly Holm Kaboom!

I mentioned in my previous post that I was trying to find a UFC Kaboom! insert card for my collection. I wasn't necessarily tied to a particular fighter, but I was leaning toward Holly Holm because I'm a fan and because her Kaboom!s are on the lower end of the pricing scale when searching eBay. I missed out on one that a seller sent an offer to me on, and then another one I was watching sold. I watched a few more of Holm and some other fighters, but they were priced higher than I was willing to pay for one. 


This one came up for auction and I placed a bid for a price I was comfortable with, and at the end of the auction I came out as the winner. I always worry a little when I get a good price on a card at auction, because there's a chance the seller will cancel instead of sending the card. My fears were unfounded in this case, as I received a shipping notification fairly promptly and the card arrived as advertised.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I'd be so pissed if a dealer cancelled a sale because he/she didn't get what they wanted in an auction. Anyways... glad that didn't happen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I had no idea that Panini did the Kaboom's for anything other than basketball. But I guess if you got a good thing going...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there's one thing Panini is good at, it's running a good idea into the ground.

      Delete