09 February 2024

1955 Topps Doubleheaders Wally Moon

Another one-card post today, although this one is a little less modern and shiny than the Ticha Penicheiro Prizm I showed off yesterday. I continue to make progress on my Wally Moon master set, gathering the cards that are a little more off-the-wall than his basic releases.


This card came from eBay, which is where 99% of my singles are sourced. It's a 1955 Topps Doubleheaders card of Wally Moon and Joe Cunningham. The card is designed so that the player on back can be folded down and the legs will match up with the front of the card. This one graded out as a 5, likely due to some centering issues and a couple of marks on the back. It still presents pretty well, and most importantly, fills a spot in my graded master set of Wally Moon cards. I'm a little glad that Wally Moon got front billing on this card rather than being relegated to the little half-photo on the back of the card. 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! And such a cool concept by Topps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun card. I was glad to add this one to my collection.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, it's no fun if your player is on the half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one wants to be on the little half of the card. Reminds me of a recent graded card I saw, where it was a dual of Keith Van Horn and Tim Duncan, and the graders put Keith Van Horn toward the front of the holder and the customer was mad that Tim Duncan wasn't showcased on the front.

      Delete