13 April 2017

Some Singletons that Look Familiar

With all of the parallels out there in the cardboard world, it seems like a collector is bound to wind up purchasing a few cards that look familiar. That was the case with this lot of Jon Singleton cards from 2014 Topps Triple Threads. I picked them up from my usual haunt (eBay), and when they arrived I found myself saying, "I wonder if I already have those?"


So I did a quick search of my blog and found that I did indeed already have an Orange parallel in my collection, purchased at some point in early 2015. This copy is numbered # 103 / 125. It might help me out if I actually had my collection organized and uploaded into a collection-tracking utility like the Trading Card Database or the mostly-dead Zistle.


I didn't already have a copy of this Blue parallel, though, and it's the one with the lower print run. This one is numbered # 14 / 50. I like the blue color on this card.

Singleton is currently playing down at AA for the Corpus Christi Hooks, and his numbers have been pretty good at that level. It's hard to believe that he's still just 25 years old. I wonder if he'll ever be able to catch up to the MLB level and put together a few decent years on someone's roster? I guess time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment