18 November 2017

Danica Torque Quad Relic / 25

I spent a few hours on an airplane yesterday, and got home late in the evening. There was a veritable mountain of mail on my desk, and when I opened it all I wound up with a couple good-sized stacks of new cards to run through the scanner. It's nice to be home, although it's been a little hard getting re-accustomed to the noise and bustle that go along with my three sons and two dogs. The difference in time zones is a difficult adjustment, too.

Danica Patrick recently made the official announcement that she would retire from full-time competition after this year. She is scheduled to appear in a couple of races next year, but not a full-time ride. All of my favorite drivers are retiring. They will still get cards printed, but it would be nice to have an active driver to focus on.


This card comes from 2016 Panini Torque, and is part of the Quad Materials insert set. This is the Green parallel of the card, numbered # 02 /25. I've already shown the Red parallel of this card, and this Green one doesn't look a whole lot different outside of the foil color being different. This was an eBay pickup for me.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool card. Read about her retirement and immediately though of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the cards that Panini's been putting out for NASCAR, although I still have a gripe or two about them. I wish they would label the relic windows like Press Pass used to. The sheer quantity of cards they put out has driven prices down, so I can afford more cool cards for my collection.

      Delete
  2. Just saw she crashed out unfortunately! Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like she had a lot of bad luck this year, and that carried right through to the final race.

      Delete