27 July 2018

Astros and an Abbott from ATBATT

I recently (well, within the last month or so) got a package of cards from Stealing Home of the All Trade Bait All the Time blog. I haven't exactly been active on my blog lately, so I Tweeted out a thank you shortly after the package arrived, but I am only now getting around to writing a blog post. I am still collecting cards, but I just have not had the urge to write about them much for the last few months.


First up in the package were a couple of shiny Bowman's Best Astros, Yulieski Gurriel and Jose Altuve. Bowman's Best isn't a product I see a lot of, so it was nice to get a look at a couple of cards from the set.


The next few cards feature some recent Astros cardboard, with a few Gypsy Queen examples and a Yulieski Gurriel insert from the flagship Topps set.


Some older cards also appeared in the shipment, with Hall of Famers Nolan Ryan and Jeff Bagwell making appearances. I don't have a lot of Bagwell cards in my collection, so it was nice to get a couple more of his cards into my collection. Dave Meads and Danny Darwin aren't Hall of Famers, but they are at least sporting some sweet rainbow uniforms. Jim Abbott's fame probably exceeds his stat line by a bit, but he's got quite a story, too.

This was a pretty fun group of cards to flip through, and I always love to get mail. I don't like to trade, but I do like sending cards back and forth with other bloggers. Thank you for the fun package!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Altuve cards are pretty cool, and I also like the shiny ones!

      Delete
  2. I love the older stuff for sure! We miss your blog posts on here...hope things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are going all right. I have been pretty busy with work and life, and our family is getting used to a new normal, so I've been away from the blog for a while. I've been a little overwhelmed by the backlog of cards I have to post, too, so maybe I need to just pick a new starting point instead of trying to catch up. It's sometimes easier to be motivated about posting newer acquisitions than older pick-ups.

      Delete
  3. Did I just read that you don’t have that many Bagwell? I need to get something your way to help with that! Hit me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid of this comment. I am very underwater on my blog posting and my collection organization.

      Delete
    2. No need to be afraid! But if you'd like a few Bagwells, let me know. I certainly won't flood you, but I can probably bring those numbers up a little.

      Delete