02 July 2018

Deadlift Lolita - It's SO Time - CD Single with Autographs

I've posted about Deadlift Lolita before. They are a kawaiicore (a blend of J-pop and heavy metal) band made up of professional wrestlers and bodybuilders Ladybeard and Reika Saiki. Their first cd single was called Muscle Cocktail, and I recently saw on Twitter that they'd released a second single entitled It's 躁タイム! I think that roughly translates to It's SO Time! I went ahead and placed an order on Ladybeard's website. I don't think the site mentioned this when I made my order, but now the item description says that the first 40 orders will include an autograph and an instant photo.


My copy of the single was autographed by Ladybeard and Reika Saiki. That makes this a pretty cool bit of swag.


The back of the cd sleeve has the track listing and pictures of the group, which I believe come from Japan Weekend Madrid, where the music video for It's SO Time! was filmed.


An instant photo with additional autographs was included in the package as well. Considering the price that Reika Saiki autographs from the BBM True Heart wrestling card sets go for, two autographs for the price of a cd (even with shipping that tripled the cost of the purchase) is a nice deal.


For anyone who is curious, here is the official music video for the song. It's not my favorite song by them, but it's decent. My favorites from them are Six-Pack Twins, Pump Up JAPAN, and Muscle Cocktail.

8 comments:

  1. I have to admit, the group’s image and music is pretty catchy. Cool pickup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not something I would listen to all day, but I enjoy it in small doses.

      Delete
  2. Reika is no slouch either. Look at the guns on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is definitely formidable. I wish my arms looked like hers.

      Delete
  3. Dang... I cringed watching him hit his head. Ouch. These two are an interesting combination. The sound is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can watch people get hit in the nuts all day, but I hate watching people hit their heads.

      Delete
  4. I'm pretty speechless. This is great. I love seeing new things/groups/hobbies that folks have a passion for and this group is so unique. Great job and she does have some nice guns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the Japanese wrestlers have side gigs like this band. It's kind of cool to see the different stuff they are in to.

      Delete