15 August 2017

Deadlift Lolita Muscle Cocktail CD Single

Today I am deviating from trading cards a bit and posting about music. In a roundabout way this all ties back into trading cards, but not really. There's a band out of Japan called Deadlift Lolita, made up professional wrestlers/singers/bodybuilders Ladybeard and Reika Saiki. Their music is defined as being kawaiicore, a blend of J-Pop and Metal. If you've heard of the band Babymetal, it's like that but with a twist.


Deadlift Lolita recently released a cd single for their song 'Muscle Cocktail,' which is an ode to various protein shakes. All of their song releases so far revolve around working out and fitness. As you can see on the front cover, they are both pretty built.


The back features still photos from the 'Muscle Cocktail' music video. There are three songs on the disc. I am familiar with 'Muscle Cocktail' and 'SIX PACK TWINS,' but the third song I'm not sure about. It might be instructions on how to do a dance. I'm not sure exactly.


I bought the cd from Ladybeard's website after he posted on Facebook that the first few dozen orders would get a free Polaroid/cheki photo of the duo. I couldn't pass that up, and the above photo arrived in the package with my album. Pretty cool stuff. Here's the music video, just in case you want to give it a try. I like it, and my family found it pretty entertaining.



I kind of promised that there was a trading card tie-in somewhere, and here's what I've got. I already showed these in my annual review of the 2017 BBM True Heart wrestling set, but I pulled Reika Saiki's base and autograph cards from my initial order of the product. Here they are:


Pretty cool stuff. I'm looking forward to more Deadlift Lolita stuff, as well as more wrestling cards out of Japan. I may even pick up a Deadlift Lolita t-shirt from Pro Wrestling Tees one of these days.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting sound. Lol... I like the sound better than the actual video. That guy freaks me out. At least the girl is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His appearance is pretty shocking. I guess we're just not used to such a masculine-looking guy wearing those outfits.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Ha, you have to love the Japanese. That musics sounds like what I hear everytime I walk into a Japanese arcade.....Good stuff, nice tie in to cards. Post more on Deadlift Lolita when you load up on merchandise. Doing a little more research it appears they have a large following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like this sound is getting more prevalent. I'll get a t-shirt eventually, and maybe I'll try to track down some Ladybeard cards to go with my other Japanese wrestling cards.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You never know what you'll see on The Raz Card Blog!

      Delete