07 December 2015

A Nice Supreme Dickey


As I mentioned in my last post, life has been pretty busy for me lately. So it's time for another one-card post. This card is an Autographed Patch Relic card of R.A. Dickey from 2013 Topps Supreme. It's got a nice little blue and white relic swatch and a sticker autograph from the knuckleball thrower. I think the gold background of the card goes well with the Blue Jays colors. This one is numbered # 22 / 25.


I haven't been thinking much about baseball lately as I've been focused in on the Denver Broncos and fantasy football as well as the Houston Rockets and their woes in the early stages of the NBA season. I am curious, though, to see how R.A. Dickey's 2016 plays out. If I am recalling correctly he started off 2015 very slowly, but had great numbers through the last couple months of the regular season to help the Blue Jays into the playoffs. Once there, he had a short but good start against the Rangers in the ALDS and a couple of very bad innings against the Royals in the ALCS. These knuckleballers can hang around for a long time and are very valuable as inning-eaters, so hopefully there will be plenty more Dickey cards for me to collect in the coming years.

4 comments:

  1. It's going to be a long season for Rocket's fans. I can't feel too much sympathy for the organization though, as they shouldn't have sent Kevin McHale out the way they did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think they pulled the plug much too quickly on McHale. I have a hard time trusting James Harden and Dwight Howard to carry the team. They are both good players, but I don't see the 'it' factor with them. It's almost a replay of the Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming teams that had so much potential but never put it together due to injury and inconsistency.

      Delete
  2. Now that is a fantastic Dickey card! Guess there's only 24 left for this Jays fan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It jumps right up there on my list of favorite cards in the Dickey PC.

      Delete