21 May 2018

She-Hulk by Federico Blee

I've got a pretty big backlog of sketch cards and other artwork to post about. I don't know if I'll ever get around to posting it all, but I'm going to try. Things have been kind of busy for me lately. I guess things are always busy for everyone, but I feel like I'm juggling a fair amount of stuff at the moment. We're in our big summer push at work. My Army physical fitness test is coming up. I have Cub Scout stuff I have to take care of. I wasn't planning on going back to school, but I got an e-mail about a tuition assistance program for my job series that will basically cover an MBA for free, so I am in the process of applying for an MBA program. I'm looking forward to this weekend. My wife and I are driving up to Spokane for a Weird Al Yankovic concert. It'll be a lot of driving over two days, but every review I've read from his tour has been great.


Today's sketch card comes from the 2014 Rittenhouse Marvel Dangerous Divas Series 2 set. It features one of my favorite Marvel characters, She-Hulk. The artist is Federico Blee, who is best known for his work as a colorist in comics. He doesn't seem to have a huge online presence, but he does have some art on his Facebook page. He also has a DeviantArt profile. He did some work on the She-Hulk comic book series, so it's nice to have a sketch card of the character from him. I picked it up on eBay last year.

9 comments:

  1. Sadly even though I know some about comic characters, I have never heard she hulk. Bruce banner must have wanted a lady friend lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The origin story of She-Hulk is that Bruce Banner's cousin, Jennifer Walters, was hurt and needed an emergency blood transfusion. He gave her his blood, but in the process she gained the ability to transform into She-Hulk.

      Delete
    2. Interesting. Solid story line

      Delete
  2. Weird Al! Sounds like a nice little break from everything else. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where you find the time to blog... or to do anything else for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a different rendering of She-Hulk. I'm not quite sure where I land on this one. Not a card I'd just pick up but thanks for sharing. Good luck on your physical fitness test and that MBA. Weird Al should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it. It's a little more cartoony than some I've seen. I am just hoping to pass my fitness test this year, and trying to get my MBA application essay written. Thanks!

      Delete