30 March 2024

4 Mega Boxes of 2024 Topps UFC Chrome

I hadn't planned on getting any UFC Chrome from Topps this year, as the $250+ price on hobby boxes was a little off-putting. Then they released these Mega Boxes at $60 apiece, and I couldn't help myself. With one autograph per box and a variety of exclusive inserts I figured I couldn't pass up the chance to chase the base set and some hits.


As I mentioned, each box offered up 1 autograph and 10 XFractors, as well as an assortment of inserts that were different from the offerings found in other configurations. I ordered 4 boxes. I wound up getting 110 base cards, 40 XFractors, 24 inserts, 14 various Refractors, and 4 autographs.


Here are a handful of the vertically-oriented base cards. The 200-card checklist features a good cross-section of current and former fighters on the UFC roster. I kind of wish there were fewer XFractors and more base cards, as half a base set from these 4 boxes was somewhat underwhelming for a set collector. I imagine if I buy more boxes I will run into more duplicates and eventually I'll have to fill out the set with singles.

The checklist also includes plenty of horizontal shots, including one of the headliners for tonight's fight, Manon Fiorot. I pulled a few doubles in my base cards, so I've got roughly 100 out of 200 cards in the base set from these 4 boxes.


As mentioned before, each box contains 10 XFractors, for a total of 40 in my break. I think these are exclusive to the Mega Box format. I would rather have base cards, but at 10 per box you could have a reasonable shot at building a whole set of XFractors if that is something you wanted to chase.


Of the 14 various Refractors I pulled, most were of the regular and Prism variety. I pulled a decent variety of them, with a small selection pictured here.


I got 2 numbered Refractors, an /199 Aqua of Cory Sandhagen and a /299 Speckle of Brunno Ferreira.

Here are some of the different inserts I got in my boxes. Apparently the inserts in the Mega boxes and blasters are entirely different from those found in Hobby configurations. Inserts shown here are Allen & Ginter, Brick by Brick, Fired Up, Embedded, and Pathblazers. I like the inserts in this product. They all look pretty good.


Finally, I picked up four autograph cards. No huge names, but a couple of names I recognize in Marvin Vettori and Andrei Arlovski. The Jack Jenkins rookie autograph is a Gold /50, and 3 of the 4 autographs I pulled are numbered autos.

Overall this is a fun product to break. I am looking to complete the base set, so I'd imagine a few more boxes are in my future, although I don't think I'll dabble in the Hobby side of things.

1 comment:

  1. This looked like a fun break. I like the 1 guaranteed autograph per box. I might have to grab one or two of these on Target's website. It's cool to see guys like Faber and Silva.

    ReplyDelete