05 March 2024

Michael Brantley Tier One Autograph

I mentioned a couple of months ago that I'd foregone buying the Astros spot in a Topps Tier One group break and instead devoted the money that would have been spent to purchasing singles from the set. Specifically I grabbed autograph and relic cards of slugger Yordan Alvarez. I still had some money left over, and I decided to see if I could add anything else from the set to my collection while staying under budget.


What I came up with was a Michael Brantley Prime Performers autograph. The first one I ordered never arrived, so eventually I opened a case on eBay and got my money back. Then I found another one for about the same price and ordered that one, and it arrived as scheduled. I don't believe I had a Brantley autograph in my collection yet, so this fills a nice hole in my collection, as Brantley was a key member of the team for a few years, although injuries robbed him of a lot of time on the field.

4 comments:

  1. Solid career. I mostly remember him as being a guy who doesn't strike out much. I like that quality in a hitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely had a good eye as a batter.

      Delete
  2. It's a bit hard to tell from the photo, is this signed on-card?

    ReplyDelete