09 July 2016

Sketch Card Week: Power Girl by Lin Workman


After taking a break yesterday from Sketch Card Week, I am returning with another sketch card featuring DC character Power Girl, from the Cryptozoic DC Comics: The Women of Legend set. This card features Power Girl in her short-lived New 52 costume, and the artist is Lin Workman. He's got a card with Power Girl in her more recognizable costume for sale on his website, but the asking price is a little out of my range at the moment. I am still pretty happy with this sketch card, though, as I had been wanting to get one of his sketches for a while. The right one finally popped up and I was able to acquire it for my Power Girl sketch card PC. Pretty cool stuff! Sorry for the short posts lately. I've been busy.

4 comments:

  1. He's got some really cool sketch cards on his site... especially the r2d2 and yoda ones. Not sure about the $165 price tags though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that number seems a bit high to me. It would be hard to price your own art. That number is even harder to digest when I consider that I got this roughly equivalent sketch for right around 10% of that.

      Delete
    2. Maybe he sells them on a regular basis at that price. If that's the case... I don't blame him for pricing them at $165. You're definitely the goto guy when it comes to artists and the going rates, so I trust your judgement way over my own. I personally just stick to sketch cards in the $20 and under range. Although I paid $27.50 (+ $2.50 shipping) for my 2008 Stadium Club Steve Carlton sketch card... and it's a terrible rendition of Lefty.

      Delete
    3. He very well could sell them at that price. If I had the money I would probably buy them at that price. I don't have the budget for that, though, so I tend to pick and choose and snipe auctions for sketch cards of favorite artists or characters. Most of my sketches come in under the $20 mark as well, but on occasion I will go higher for one I really like. I am surprised at the amount of quality stuff that slips through eBay for just pennies because of poor auction titles/descriptions, weird auction ending times, and low Buy It Now prices. Because of my low ceiling I miss out on a ton of sketches that I really like, but I've got a sketch card Watch List several pages long that I am constantly updating, so if a seller drops a price or an auction is getting close to ending with no bidding action I am ready to snatch it up.

      Delete