25 June 2017

Danica Patrick Rubber Relics

I kinda disappeared for a while there, and now I'm returning with a NASCAR post that will get like six views. There's not really one reason for my absence. I'm still adjusting to my new medication, and I have been doing a lot of sleeping. I feel better in general, but I can't really handle sleeping this much. I took my kids camping for a few days last week, and so I was away from the internet for a while. I also just haven't really had the motivation to blog when I've had free time, either due to lack of interest in my queued posts or lack of desire to process newly-scanned cards. I've got plenty of exciting cardboard to talk about, but I haven't been able to get any posts knocked out.


This card comes from last year's Torque product from Panini. It's a Rubber Relics card featuring Danica Patrick and a piece of tire from her car. This is the base version of the card, numbered # 355 / 399.

Danica qualified 6th for the road course race today, the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway. I didn't watch it, but I saw a couple of headlines saying that she was involved in wrecks with Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. on her way to a good but not great 17th-place finish. It's still a better result than her season average to this point, and she is lucky in that none of the contact knocked her out of the race. Hopefully she can build on some pretty good recent finishes and close out the season in a strong way.

I'll be trying to post more frequently, but we'll see how it goes. It's been hard to get in the blogging mindset lately.

10 comments:

  1. Nice card, and an unusual color relic. She ran well at the start today, running as high as 6th that I saw. The damage from the wreck with Ricky killed the day for both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the tire swatch on this one is really brown. I didn't watch the race, but it looked like Ricky got the worse end of that crash. Danica was at least able to finish out the race.

      Delete
  2. Panini has so many great design ideas. I don't follow racing but think this card is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a fan of a lot of the stuff that Panini puts out. Their baseball products would be so much better with logos.

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better! That Danica is a great looking card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel better in general, but I probably need an energy booster of some kind to keep me going. Panini's acquisition of the NASCAR license has added a lot of cool Danica cards to my collection.

      Delete
  4. I hope you feel better! I bought a whole NASCAR tire once off of eBay. Pretty awesome relic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about adding a tire or full piece of sheet metal to my collection, but I don't know where I'd put it. Definitely a cool collectible, though. I hope your move is going well. I hate moving.

      Delete
  5. That was the problem.....where to put a big tire. Germany is awesome.....climate, people, and culture are wonderful so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've spent a couple of days in Germany. I had a good time, but it wasn't really enough time to form an impression.

      Delete