19 October 2017

2016 Topps Update Josh Reddick Parallel

Well, I guess I can show a Dodgers card today, since they went ahead and eliminated the Cubs in a blowout this evening. The player pictured, however, is currently playing for a team that I hope can rediscover their bats and win two games at home to face the Dodgers in the World Series. With the way things have gone the last few days that seems like a long shot, but maybe some home cooking will do the Astros some good.


This is a card from 2016 Topps Update that I picked up on eBay. It features Josh Reddick after being traded from the Athletics to the Dodgers in the middle of the year. He went on to sign with Houston for the 2017 season, and his is one of the bats that has fallen most silent in the ALCS against the Yankees. This is the Pink parallel of his Update card.


The back of the card talks about the trade, and is printed with the serial number # 29 / 50. I like the Pink parallels, and I was glad to pick this one up even if it doesn't show Reddick as an Athletic or an Astro. He is a player I collect, so I find myself occasionally grabbing his Red Sox and Dodgers cards, even though those aren't really teams I follow like I do the teams in the AL West.

2 comments:

  1. Love me some Reddick! My friend and I were just talking about him at work yesterday and how he always left everything out on the field. The guy plays with so much heart. Anyways... I hope his bat decides to show up tonight. I don't think he's gotten a hit in the series and the last thing I want to see is the Yankees back in the World Series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that Reddick is part of this Houston team. He's been a favorite player of mine for a while, and it's even better that he plays for my favorite team now.

      Delete