31 October 2017

A Box of Cryptozoic's The Guild: Seasons 1-3

I made an order from Dave & Adam's Card Works a little while ago, and I ordered a box of Cryptozoic's The Guild: Seasons 1-3. It's a pretty cheap break, with a chance at pulling Felicia Day relics and autographs, so I usually throw a box or two into each order I make from Dave & Adam's. 


This box yielded one relic card, a t-shirt of Vincent Caso as the character Bladezz. The only real note of interest I have about this one is that I own a Cheesy-Beard's shirt like the one he is wearing in the picture. 


I got two autographs in this box, with one being from a fairly notable name in nerd culture. Wil Wheaton is pretty popular among nerds and geeks, and his autograph is probably the third-most desirable hit in the product, behind Felicia Day's two autograph variations. I'm not much of a Wheaton fan, but I can appreciate his place in the world of geeky celebrities.

The other autograph features Jeff Lewis, who plays one of my favorite Guild characters. I already had a copy of his card thanks to the generosity of San Jose Fuji, but I'll take another one.

This turned out to be a pretty good break if this product. I'll probably keep grabbing boxes as long as Dave & Adam's keep selling them. 

6 comments:

  1. I loved the series and I have always watched the prices on the boxes but never gave in and bought one. The Wheaton card was a great pull, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still chasing the autograph of Felicia Day dressed as Codex, so I'll probably keep grabbing these up when I can.

      Delete
  2. I loved this series. I probably should go back and watch it again. Congratulations on pulling the Wheaton. I busted a box in hopes of pulling a Tinkerballa relic or autograph. Can't remember exactly what I got... but it wasn't a Wheaton or Okuda. For some reason, I think I got a Jeff Lewis autograph too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have pulled a Tink relic at some point. Maybe someday I'll find it again and send it your way. You sent me a Jeff Lewis auto once.

      Delete
  3. Very Cool! Wil is a great character on Big Bang Theory. Great pull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a few episodes of Big Bang Theory, but I'm not much of a TV watcher. I think one of the episodes I saw involved Sheldon developing antagonism of some kind against Wheaton.

      Delete