09 October 2017

Topps Now Verlander Trade

I've picked up a few too many Topps Now cards over the last couple of months, partly because there have been some fun cards put out and partly because the Astros have had some success, with individual and team achievements that made the checklist. 


One of the bigger moments recently was the trade deadline acquisition of Justin Verlander from the Tigers. He hasn't lost a decision since joining Houston, and has played a key role in the team's playoff success so far, with the Astros eliminating the Red Sox in the ALDS after four games. I was at the dentist when Game 4 ended, so I didn't get to jump up and celebrate, but I was able to catch a few innings before leaving for my appointment. Pretty exciting stuff. We'll see if they can keep it up. 

2 comments:

  1. Is that the first "Traded" Now card Topps has produced? Go Astros for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't the first one. Sonny Gray and Yu Darvish got cards for their trades earlier in the year. I'm not sure if there were any in 2016.

      Delete